May 19, 2011

maggie and milly and molly and may by e.e. cummings.


maggie and milly and molly and may
went down to the beach (to play one day)

and maggie discovered a shell that sang
so sweetly she couldn’t remember her troubles,and

milly befriended a stranded star
whose rays five languid fingers were;

and molly was chased by a horrible thing
which raced sideways while blowing bubbles:and

may came home with a smooth round stone
as small as a world and as large as alone.

For whatever we lose(like a you or a me)
it’s always ourselves we find in the sea

+
one of my all-time favorite poems of e.e. cummings'.
xxx


p.s. what do you think of my new header? i really can't pick one! ):
help me? (: 1, 2 or 3?

14 comments:

Who Says Campaign said...

I'm a huge e.e. cummings fan! We did a big lesson on him in my creative writing class.
Those photos are BEAUTIFUL. I was staring at each one for literally 5 min. Wish I could go to the beach :)

and yes! love the new header...was just about to compliment on it :)

Brenda said...

Gorgeous photos. All of them are breathtaking! The sunset is just so pretty. What a beautiful poem, I love that last line <3

I like the header you have now :) I've been switching headers like crazy too. I could never really decide lol.

Cassidy said...

I adore e.e. cummings!

kimi said...

oh wow. your ocean photos are absolutely stunning! the first image is beautiful! I love a pretty sunset :)
I am sooo indecisive. I change my blog header constantly, because I'm bored and want a change. I think the one you are using looks good. Number 2 might be okay with the font from number 1? But I think number 1 is best :)
xx

brigduong said...

Wow Ive heard that poem so many times but I never knew what it was called. Thanks for sharing it is so good!! As for header, my vote goes for number 2 :)

Anonymous said...

I love your new header; it's so pretty!
Your photos + the poem by e.e. cummings = magic. :)
--Ciara

Anonymous said...

Gah, this whole post is SO beautiful! I actually adore the header you have now, so cute. :3 xx

Jane said...

Beautiful pictures. THe second is my fav, perfect!

Adiba said...

SUCH BEAUTIFUL PICTURES, TASHA!! :D

Eadaoin said...

Oh wow those skies are incredible!! Nice work with your camera! That first one especially is just so beautiful :)

Kristin E Bazan said...

really great photos. where were they taken?

Alycia said...

it's my first time visiting here and i have to say that I love your photos! they are all so amazing :)

Anita said...

You're so talented! I love your photography. Never stop taking photos!
- http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

Sylvie said...

WOW these photos are so amazing! I love especially the first two :)