August 24, 2011

mine, my loves.

the men in my life!
i've been feeling dispirited and uninspired as of late but i know it passes soon enough and the spark will be here, in (myself and spirits) once more. and how true i am, and as coincidence would have it, i found this following passage of perfectly fitted words written by Kitty Gallannaugh through Emily Tebbetts. (how my heart and love swells when i see her photographs.)

"it’s normal as an artist to feel dry-minded and out of ideas. or maybe you can’t translate your thoughts into the exact images you want. and it can be enough for you to want to scream “why?” it’s not fun, but it’s normal. and i just wanted to tell anyone who feels this way that it’s normal too. it’s healthy to feel that negativity. the phases don’t last forever and you’ll feel the magic pulse back through your veins. it’s okay, it’s not stupid or weak to admit. we all want the recognition we work everyday to achieve. when you put your life into something and don’t necessarily receive back the results you’d hoped for; it can be heart-wrenching. but you work harder and harder for it so when you get there you can look back and think, “i worked my socks off to get here.” and you can feel proud for your journey. afterall, if everything was handed to us straight off the bat - we’d never understand the feeling of self-respect. keep going, you are not alone." -Kitty Gallannaugh

most of the time, my own words cannot do what i feel enough justice but it's words from others that do. i often feel like i can't translate what i want exactly through an image and that mainly holds me back from taking photos. and also because i need a model/models.
ah, it's times like these that i wish i had siblings living here with me. :3

much love. +i hope none of you were affected by the earthquake in Virginia. x


p.s. tell me what you think about the layout changes! (:

15 comments:

Louise said...

Oh I like your pictures (TinTin Au Vietnam !!!! :D), and I really love the layout changes. I'm thinking of doing something similar to my blog since I'm getting a bit lazy with posting. And this style would suit photo-posts that I love to post hehehe.

Brenda said...

the men in your life are so adorable! I love all of their different face expressions. It always amazes me how you can find quotes to perfectly match what your going through. You always motivate me some way or another with your quotes + words.

Also, love the layout change. It puts more emphasis on your photos (:

Jada said...

The men in your life are adorable. I just want to hug them!! eeeee so stinkin cute.

That quote by Kitty Gallannaugh is so very true. I believe we all feel that way, and she def. nailed it with that quote.

Jada said...

I didn't feel anything because I'm in Connecticut, but my family back home felt a shake from the earthquake! No one was hurt good thing!

Love the new look too :)

Jenny said...

What a lovely passage. I understand how it feels too. I've gone through alot of doubts in the last few years as to what I can achieve and at times, it can be so hindering. I've noticed it always passes so don't give up. Just keep on doing what you normally do on a daily basis and out of nowhere, you're inspiration will pop back and pay you a visit! I promise! :)

Your layout is pretty as your photos and with this choice, it makes your photos the main focus.

Anonymous said...

Aww the men in your life are so cute! :3 And that photo of the flower is SO beautiful. I love it. <3 AND I must say I actually love the new layout changes. :)

Lindsey said...

Well, you certainly can't tell you're uninspired from your photos. They are beautiful and creative as always :] I love all your doggies, such handsome faces.

Anita said...

Great photos! As for the layout change, I love it because it really makes your photography stand out, but I do prefer it with your biography at the right land side. It's just my opinion though :-)

Jane said...

Lovely pictures, as always! Hope you feel better soon <3 I really like the layout changes, your pictures are so nice and big now.

Kasia Skowron said...

all those hansome men are yours? adorable!!!

Katie said...

Love all of these pictures so much, so fantastic! xo

brigduong said...

I don't know how time in and time out you are able to post such great photos and inspiration, but keep it up :)

Loretta said...

lovely photos! <33

www.loretta-blog.blogspot.com

Estelle said...

They are ALLLL yours? You are so, so lucky to have those men in your life hehe! I really like the layout changes too :)

Don't worry if you feel words can't translate exactly what you want to say- I think your amazing photos are doing that just fine. When you said you needed models my imagination just about burst thinking about what kinds of beautiful photos you could take of people! Ahhh I'm thinking beautiful dreamy editorials....oh don't mind me!

x x x

ashandbelle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I understand what you mean. Sometimes words cannot express enough of what you are trying to say and sometimes a picture doesnt tell what you want it to tell. A mixture of both is always a winning combination. Like they say, "Two minds are better than one." I adore your blog, your photos, your writing and your inspiration overall x